23.06.2009

Level D-Judge now


Together with 23 other judges I have been promoted to Level D-Judge last week.

This is an important step because it allows me to head international competitions in the future.

I had been working towards this promotion at the end of last year and beginning of this year and so am very happy.

I also applied for judging the World Championship in Aarhus this summer and (to my surprise) was accepted. So, I will get my first C experience there. Exciting!

I just hope I will not get into too much difficulties as I do not want to be judging Elisabeth or any close rival of hers. If possible I want to avoid to be in the position where my judgment can be questioned by reason of conflict of interest. Let’s see how this will work out.

In any case I am happy to be judging so much as it gives me the feeling of still being part of the freediving while my injured shoulder is keeping me from competing myself. But don’t worry, I am getting sick and tired watching other people dive while I cannot even get into the water…

2 Kommentare:

  1. Congratulations Martin. I'm pretty sure you will make a neutral, fair and a good job during the World Cup in Århus. You can give Eivind many extra points instead. I will not tell anybody! We look forward to coming to visit soon. We travel to Tunisia 11. of July.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you, Trond! I'm looking forward to welcome you here again. Have fun in Tunesia... And about the points for Eivind: we can bargain about the price later...

    AntwortenLöschen