09.04.2009

Announcing the Apnea Photo Award 2009

When I saw the remarkable pictures of the Vertical Blue it struck me that there is no dedicated Photo Award for apnea pictures.

So, let’s change that. It is just an idea but let’s see where it is going.

Rules:

1. The photo's theme/motive must represent apnea/free diving
2. The photo must be taken in the calendar year 2009
3. The photo should be taken in apnea
4. Any photographer can participate with a maximum number of 5 photos
5. Anybody can nominate photos

Nominations:

Here is my first nomination


Photographer: Fred Buyle
Location: Dean Blue Hole, Bahamas
Date: 04.04.2009
Name: drinking
Depth: -18m

If you have a nomination, please leave a comment or send me a message.

Determining the winner:


With awards you basically have two ways of finding the winner. A: a jury composed of "experts", B: a public vote. I want to know your opinion on it. We have to find a measurement before the year is past. Oh, and of course there is C: a combination of both A and B.

4 Kommentare:

  1. I agree! I'd go for B: public vote. Makes it more fun for everybody to get involved :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Cool idea Martin, I'll see what I can come up with: we're hoping to go under the ice again today. Just a small matter of getting hold of a suit that will fit a small whale.... As for judging: option B) will get more people involved perhaps.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Great idea! I'm waiting to add mine:)

    AntwortenLöschen