03.09.2007

Slowly, slowly... but I'm getting there...

What a wonderful day to go training. It was all rainy all day long. So I got my suit and headed for my peace of paradise... the pool!

After the usual static training (two warm up dives and three dives with at least 2 min fighting to 4'+) I went to practice the mono technique a little moor. Elisabeth taught me a quite nice way to check myself and focus on different aspects.

So I started with 200m swimming, then did one 25m lap with biiig dolphin like duck dives just to relax the body and get into diving mode.

Then 4 laps focusing only on the uper body where the move starts.
4 laps focusing on keeping the legs straight and kick up just as much as down.
4 laps focusing on keeping the arms straight and not move them up and down.

Then I did 6 laps focusing on all three. Here is the outcome:



I know, the arms are moving and the knees are bending but if you’d have seen me two weeks ago... you would not believe your eyes...

One more is here:



If you happen to know something about this and have a tip for me, just comment on this. It is highly appreciated.

5 Kommentare:

  1. I'm quite proud of you for the progress you've made and I'm sure you'll improve alot more when training well.

    Keep in mind that the movement comes from the core of the body and not so much from the legs kicking. Try gliding a little more, swimming even more smoothly. I know it's hard work, but it will pay off:) Good luck!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Looking good, Martin, but jeez that's 12 kicks per lane! It's good training for the body, but lots of kicks spent getting not too far... Do you feel like you're getting the power of the kick all the way out into the foot pockets and the fin? Because it looks like you're beginning a new stroke before getting the maximum effect out of the previous one. The explosive kick and glide-style may not be for you, but definitely glide more, maybe on the up-kick?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. And keep your knees more together.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thank you, Eva! At this point I am focusing so much on the kicking itselft in order to get the rythmic of the kick and the movement right. So I was not counting at all. Thanx for pointing that out.

    And ne knees... sure! I heard that one b4 but I'll have to keep it in mind!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Don't worry too much about about the number of kicks, but mostly on the movement itself. more gliding would help I think. and if you focus on kicking the fin all the way down, then the power also goes all the way through the fin.

    AntwortenLöschen