16.04.2008

New PB in Competition!!! -47m

This was my day! Everything, really everything worked just how I wanted it.

My tactic retreat yesterday was just the best thing to do. I was busy anyways because of both safetying and judging in the water. But it was good not to rush the big dive and get some rest.

Then, when I woke up this morning I felt so confident, it was almost scaring me. The training dive to -45m felt more stressful than this. Had a nice light breakfast, went out to the Blue Hole, did my yoga, did my meditation, visualized the dive, got in my wet suit and went out to sea. All very casually and calm.


For worm-up I did two FRC dives to -10 and -15m practicing mouth-fill technique and equalization. Then, Elisabeth pulled me over to the competition zone.

When I dived in, I hit the "duck", the little yellow paddle boat that Sebastian turned into a CBS platform, but that did not distract me. I went down.









I equalized almost 3 times a second. In about -30m I got a nice mouth full of air that I was using quite nicely until around -42m. There, I don't know why, I lost it... And there was now was getting it back. Equalizing did not work anymore so I had to take my chances. I was riding my ears for the last 5 m, grabbed the tag and took off again.

Despite the trouble at the bottom I managed to stay calm and move up nicely along the line. I sipped in the air, I used earlier to equalize the mask (that is new for me) and I was slowing down when I saw Annelie, my safety diver.













Out of the water I took a deep hook breath and performed a nice surface protocol and obviousley sank back into a little trance or some sort of worshipping the rope... who knows...











In any case, I was the happiest diver on this planet after I got my white card.

And whats next? Maybe a -50m dive on Friday...??? Who knows...?

Safety: Annelie Pompe
Coach: Elisabeth















1 Kommentar:

  1. Congratulations Martin!

    The freedivers are best on the bottom.
    Hope you'll have a great dive in Denmark this weekend too.

    Trond

    AntwortenLöschen