16.08.2007

- 40 m constant weight in competition

Yes, I did it! It was not as easy as usually. I had a lot of air in my mouth when I came to 37m but could not equalize any longer. But I wanted the tag so I took the risk and dropped the last meters without. That of course did not feel so good and made my ascend much more hectic then it usually is. On the way up I felt that I was holding two tags in my hand. I had grabbed and ripped off what I could get and so got two… When something goes wrong in the depth it is sometimes hard to stay focused and relaxed. That is something I will have to work on in the future. As well as on my equalization.

But as I took 5 m off from my personal best just last week I felt quite confident and it proofed to bee just the right depth for this competition under these circumstances.

As this is my first deep diving competition as a competitor, this also is my competition best. I hope to push that a little deeper this year. Say, -50m… ??? ;)

Safety: Annelie Pompe

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen