14.10.2007

Friendly Jelly

When I was in Lysekil at the Nordic Deep I had some nasty encounters with that wobbling mass that is called a fish… jellyfish. (The English language is so poor that they have to call everything that lives in the sea a fish… tsiss…)

I was not very happy about that meeting and it left a somewhat negative impression on me. I was quite happy to know that my next competition in Wildschütz would be in fresh water. I was just getting ready to be judge in the water when this guy came along.



I first did not trust my eyes but it was really there. Craspedacusta sowerbyi obviously is some kind of Asian invader. They are tiny (10-15mm) and they have no stinging tentacles and they are cute! I started playing with them and we became real good friends. The nasty episode from sweeden now has a counterpart and my understanding of nature is in balance once again. Thank you, Craspedacusta sowerbyi.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen