04.10.2007

Training in Århus, home of the champs



No, this is not a scene from a competition. This is a very normal training day in the Århus Freediving Club, Denmark. As my most favorit mermaid is studying here I have the chance to train with these guys and I would be stupid not to take that.

I totally understand now why the Danes are the reigning team world champion! The atmosphere is just wonderful and very productive. It is actually hard to loose motivation when there is someone putting his head under water all the time.

So we start with mono fin technique. Without the fin... :( So its more like mono technique no fin (MTNF). My first attempts are rather bad. I am very stiff and kicking hard with the legs to make it to the other side of the pool. Then Elisabeth shows me the video and starts correcting the movement.



And yes, one can actually see the beginning of a wave going through my body. I did not make it through the pool but the technique looks so much better there. I was so happy about the improvement that I had to put on a fin and try thins again.



Comparing it to the first training videos I posted here, I can say I am very happy! Comparing it to Elisabeth's technique video I can say I am crap!

PS: Never mind the green color. It's the light, not the water... ;)

4 Kommentare:

  1. is that "6kg-Neck-Weight-Timo" on the left side of the pic? :-))
    Regards to him from Zurich!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. No, I'm afrait Timo is training in Copenhagen only... ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Den skal sgu ha noget mere gas :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thank you Peter for your comment (although I needed an interpreter to understand it...;)

    In this training session I was focusing on the movement in the shoulders and upper body in order to get the wave started.

    I will take your advice and try to kick a little harder to make more speed.

    AntwortenLöschen